Just so you know, I posted the Verizon Fail story on Twitter with @VerizonWireless and to mine, Stacie’s and Verizons FB pages. Typical of big business and Verizon in general, they chose not to respond. At all. Not even to clarify why they think they are right.
It just bugs me that when Stacie was in Texas and called for assistance, the first woman she spoke to made it sound as if bringing their phones into a VZW store in Texas once they moved would solve the problem. Even though that rep had to know Texas has the whitest area of “coverage” and that they were not going to be able to provide service.
Further updates when anything new happens.
Anyone with suggestions on handling problems with VErizon or other wireless companies in regards to a situation like this, feel free to help us out.
And if nothing else, Stacie has taught us all that if your Wireless carrier is important to you and/or you are in the middle of your contract, you should probably check your coverage area first.
This story comes to me from Stacie. Verizon: This is definitely not the most fair way to deal with a customer who has sung your praises for almost a decade and would do anything to have full bars in her new home. Here’s her story, in her words (with minor editing).
The next day, Amanda calls me back and apologizes for my trouble, but stands her ground that I will have to pay the ETFs of $895.00, but what she will do is turn my phones off on the 19th(Sept) between 7:30pm and 10:00 pm (great… NO CELL PHONE SERVICE FOR DAYS!!!) because this is the last day in my billing cycle. My last bill will only reflect the $895.00 ETFs.
I said, “Really? There is nothing you can do since your company does not offer the service that I clearly DO NOT want to cancel. You can not even cut the fees in half?”
“No, Mrs. (removed), we can not. It is policy.”
Well, what am I to do? She did, however, say she will note my account and on the 14th of October- when my bill is due- if I can not pay the $895.00 in full, then on the 26th-when it will be considered late- call the financial department and set up payment arrangements on the balance.
That is what the Cell phone company that I loved and promoted and did not want to end my contract with is doing for me.
Allowing me to pay them $895.00 becuase they do not offer service where I am moving to! Hats off to BIG RED GO VZW. Luv ya!!! NOT!
Anyone have any advice for Stacie and her plight with Verizon? Because I think Verizon had a major fail with a loyal customer who was only cancelling a contract because Verizon couldn’t provide what her phones needed from them- service. That isn’t Stacie’s fault. And this is a family that loved Verizon so much, that I bet had a tower gone up anytime between now and eternity, they would have gladly came back to Verizon.
Feels good to win. I finally received the refund for the Lenovo laptop that the company was unable to produce. If you’ve read the 1st two installments of this saga, you know that I waited for a laptop that was so delayed in it shipping that Lenovo jumped at the chance to cancel my order.
To continue where we left off, on the 6th of June I posted this blog. I linked the post to @Lenovo in a tweet. It got their attention and within a few hours they had read it and posted a comment.
They mailed a check which I had on the 12thand I am done with them. From their comment you can see they really want to sound like they did such a good job getting that refund out. But the only reason they did is because I made my story public. No praise for doing what you should have done in the first place without me begging.
But thanks to the one employee that finally did keep on it and resolve the issue. To his credit, he did have the check over-nighted to me.
In the end, be vigilant and don’t let things go- otherwise you might end up pressing one for no options.
So, let’s update shall we?
On May 12th I sent this email to my rep at Lenovo (some info deleted)
I am starting to regret my decision to order a Lenovo. I realize that by paying with a check, I caused a delay of 7-10 days. However, the payment was received and processed at the 2nd week(4/11) of April. I was finally given a ship date of 5/16 somewhere in the last week of April and only after emailing you to prompt that information which you confirmed on 4/26. Then, I checked on the order status today and the ship date has been moved to 5/25. This is completely unacceptable to me. I guess I should have known that if a deal looks to good to be true, it always is.
At this point, I wish I had just gone to a computer store like normal people and walked out with a laptop that was ready to go, or ordered from another company that has a faster ship time history. I hope this is not an indication of customer service issues and delays with assistance in my future dealings with this company. I assumed that because I was ordering a professional quality laptop, I would get professional quality service. This type of delay is frustrating and just plain irritating.
If there was an issue with the laptop/order/processing etc, wouldn’t it be a courtesy to inform your customers of the reason for the change/delay/problem? Most people respond better to problems when they are made aware of issues up front. I should not have had to find out just because I happened to go check the order status today.
I don’t know what you can do on your end about this issue, but I would appreciate your passing this email on to anyone that fields complaints about your products. I can tell you that I will never recommend that anyone buy a Lenovo and will be looking the company up on twitter and facebook to express my displeasure.
I did not get an email to this, so I called on 5/16 and said that I was upset by the lack of communication and was considering canceling the order if I did not hear back from them soon. There was no return phone call but…
On 5/18 I received this response from said contact:
I do apologize for my late response. After receiving this email I have been trying to research what is causing the delay. I will have to get a manager involved at this point. I will discuss with them and provide you an answer on how we can cancel the order and refund your money.
Now, mind you, I did not say I was canceling. Just that I wished I had gone out to buy one of the shelf and was considering it. They jumped at the chance to cancel the order.
Later that day, without any response to the above email, I received this request:
What address should we use to mail you the refund?
We will be submitting the request to cancel today.
To which I responded later on 5/18
That’s it? No apology? No answer as to what caused the delay? It’s a shame, because this was the exact laptop I was looking for and was so excited when I ordered it. No one ever responded on Twitter either when I included @Lenovo in my tweet, but I saw that other people were catered to and told that their delay would be looked into. No response to the link to my blog post that went up about it, either. It appears as if customer service at Lenovo has some issues to work out. I hope your tech assistance dept isn’t run the same way.
I also think it is odd that you only responded to my email after I left you a voice mail yesterday- just giving you an fyi about the kinds of things that make people not want to deal with companies. And all this after someone who used to work at a major university and dealt significantly with your company said how wonderful the Lenovo company is and how pleased I would be with the laptop.
I have to wonder why a company would run a huge sales promotion and then not be able to deliver the product. I can only imagine that since you are so willing to refund the money, you must not actually have the laptops you sold to ship out.
It’s disappointing to see this kind of business practices.
Before you send out the refund, please confirm that it will be for the total amount paid via my check to you.
And his response on 5/18 was:
I do apologize for the way this turned out. The extended lead time on this product is not usual but we are facing some difficult issues with parts coming from Japan. I also apologize for my late response to your email. I ensure you I was not by any means avoiding you but simply waiting for more information on what was causing the delay in your order.
The amount that will be refunded is (the amount I paid) before tax.
I will keep you posted on the request to cancel the order.
After this I asked for confirmation of the refund being sent. A week went by. Then I started to get more irritated. –>5/26 I sent:
I respectfully requested confirmation of my refund for the canceled order one week ago, in the same courtesy that I extended at your request when I mailed my check for payment. I have not heard back from you yet. I have only received confirmation that the order was canceled. It did not provide details of the processing time for the refund.
I waited almost 6 weeks for a laptop that you were unable to produce before the canceling of the order. I need verification that the check for the refund has been mailed to me at my home address, which I provided to you prior to the cancellation of the order. I do not expect to have to wait for an extended period to receive my money back. If you are unable to verify the refund, I request that you at least confirm receipt of this email. If you are “waiting for more information,” I request that you email me to communicate that fact.
Thank you for your time,
5/30, I finally hear back from him:
I will look into this and see what information I can provide.
Seriously, that’s it. One line. I thought that is what he was already doing????
Then On 6/2 he sends this doozie:
I have not heard from my accounts receivable team in regards to the status of the refund. Can you advise me if you have received the refund?
Really? Really? No words describe the irritation at the fact that he is asking me if I have my refund yet. They are computer people for goodness sake. You mean they don’t have some great interoffice communication on their own Lenovo computers?
So I tell him on 6/2 in reply: I have not received the refund.
That’s it. Because at this point if I say any more, I may get picked up for making threats.
And then, no word. So today, 6/6, I am beyond frustration. I am beyond being ticked off. I want my money so that I can go out and buy a new laptop from Best Buy:
I still have not received the refund. Do you have any information on my check yet? If not, be advised that I am contacting the BBB tomorrow afternoon.
And, wonder of wonders I receive an email response from my guy in 28 minutes. I am not kidding. NO real answer yet. Here’s the best the guy can do:
I have checked again and will have an update for you tomorrow morning. I apologize for the delay.
What’s a girl to do? I’m about ready to go ape***t on this company. Hope the BBB can help.